Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Obsessive compulsive disorder

Obessive compulsive disorder, often called OCD, is a mental disorder that effects people in a way that feels like they have to do a task in a particular order, or they think something bad will happen.  People who suffer from OCD suffer from major anxiety.  They often obsess about things that are not there.  Thier obsessions are often repetitive.  Most people with OCD can be both obsessive and compulsive, but people experince one or the other. The symptoms fade overtime. But the symptoms will get worse in times of stress.







Sources: http://typesofmentaldisorders.com/
             http://helpguide.org/mental/obsessive_compulsive_disorder_ocd.htm

3 comments:

  1. I honestly think I have a mild case of obsessive compulsive disorder. Some simple things around me annoy me to the point where I have to fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that every one has things that bug them and everyone has some sort of form of OCD. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OCD is very common it seems. People always have little ticks about things that irritate them. It seems very likely that it could just be a natural part of life.

    ReplyDelete